What happens when we change the narrative of the classic American Dream mantra – that our position in life depends on more than just pulling ourselves up by our own bootstraps? How does this impact reaching our personal and professional goals, helping others reach theirs and how public policy and resources are developed?
Bob McKinnon is an author and founder of GALEWiLL, an organization that designs social change programs, executive director of the online platform Moving Up and creator of Your American Dream Score – a quiz to help you reflect on the headwinds and tailwinds guiding your life and an opportunity to better empathize with the journeys of others.
Show notes & links:
- Find Your American Dream Score
- GALEWiLL Center for Opportunity & Progress
- Moving Up & Your American Dream Score
- How Did You End Up Here? TEDx Talk
- Actions Speak Loudest: Keeping Our Promise for a Better World
Original music by Podington Bear & Kevin Beasley